Monday, December 27, 2010

Oh What a Night!

You know the song, sing it with me...
"Oh, what a night.
Late December back in '63.
What a very special time for me,
'Cause I remember what a night!"
That was the night for Eric and I last night. What a night!  We spent the night at the Ritz downtown!  Oh, the luxurious bed, the plush towels, the delicious candy on our pillows, the stinky bowl and towels we carried as Jenna was so so sick....oh, shoot, we weren't at the Ritz, we were in the emergency room in Children's Mercy downtown!!!  They are so similar, I'm sure you can see how I got confused!

Yes, the ER. Miss Jenna started throwing up at 10:20 and threw up 8 more times before 2.  Around midnight we called the nurse line at CMH. We were concerned that it was somehow related to that stupid abscess that is causing so much turmoil right now. The nurse thought it best we be seen, so off we went to the ER. After a short 2 hour wait, we saw the doc, Eric got thrown up on again (for the 3rd time, Daddy was a champ last night!), and Jenna got blood drawn to check her infection markers.  We left shortly after 6 with a viral stomach bug diagnosis.  (And I want to take this time to thank Jenna for sharing with Mommy and Mimi, she is so kind and sweet).  We got back home around 7 this am after being up all night, took a tiny nap and headed back up to CMH for her infectious disease appt at 10:30. 
I heard from Dr. Singhal's office this morning.  We have a CT scheduled for noon tomorrow and an appt with him at 2.  And that will be our moment of truth.  Her ID appt went well this morning. We are to continue on her meds until we make a plan with Dr. Singhal. 
Okay, time for me to lay back down and continue on my clear fluids diet. It is so exciting!  ( please note the sarcasm here!!!)  More tomorrow after our appointment.

No comments: